Health and Safety, learn more
Available literature and other information sources on the Vibration:
Most commonly accepted and used guidebooks and web-pages:
- Burström L, Nilsson T, Wahlström, J (2014): Whole-body vibration and the risk of low back pain and sciatica: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int Arch Occup Environ Health.
- Palmer, K. T., Harris, C. E., Griffin, M. J., Bennett, J., Reading, I., Sampson, M., Coggon, D. (2008): Case-control study of low-back pain referred for magnetic resonance imaging, with special focus on whole-body vibration. Scand J Work Environ Health. 34(5) 364-73.
- Robb, M J M, Mansfield, N J (2007): Self-reported musculoskeletal problems amongst professional truck drivers. Ergonomics 50(6) 814-827
- Bovenzi, M. and K. Palmer, Whole Body Vibration, in Hunter's disease of occupations. 10th ed, Baxter P, Aw T-C, Cockcroft A, Durrington P, and Harrington M, Editors. 2010, Arnold: London. p. 513-522.
- Waters, T., A. Genaidy, H. Barriera Viruet and M. Makola, The impact of operating heavy equipment vehicles on lower back disorders. Ergonomics, 2008. 51(5): p. 602-636.
- Griffin, M. J.(2004): Minimum health and safety requirements for workers exposed to hand-transmitted vibration and whole-body vibration in the European Union; a review. Occup Environ Med, 61 (5), 387-97
- Burström L, Järvholm B, Nilsson T, Wahlström J (2010) White fingers, cold environment, and vibration - exposure among Swedish construction workers. Scand J Work Environ Health, 36(6):509-13.
- Burström L, Neely G, Lundström R, Nilsson T. Occupational exposure to vibration from hand held tools - A teaching guide on health effects, risk assessment and prevention, Protecting Workers' Health Series No. 10. World Health Organization 2009.
- Lawson I, Burke F, McGeoch K, Nilsson T, Proud G. Hand-arm vibration syndrome. In: Baxter P, Aw T, Cockcroft A, Durrington P, Harrington J, editors. Hunters Diseases of Occupations. 10th ed. London: Hodder Arnold; 2010. p. 489 -512.
- Wahlström J, Burström L, Hagberg M, Lundström R & Nilsson T (2008) Musculoskeletal symptoms among young workers and associations with exposure to hand-arm vibration and ergonomic stressors. Int Arch Occup Environ Health, 81(5), 595-602.
- Burström L, Järvholm B, Nilsson T & Wahlström J. Back- and neck pain due to working in a cold environment - a cross-sectional study of male construction workers. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. DOI 10.1007/s00420-012-0818-9 [Epub ahead of print]
Loader at work in cabin.